Attention All Members – Removal of Docks at Fredericton
Saturday, October 29th at 9:00 a.m.
Please plan to attend this work party to remove the floating docks and stack them on the widened area by the mast trees.
Yard clean-up will also be performed: place rotten or damaged materials by the porta-potty for pick-up and disposal.
Please take your personal items from flood-prone areas:
- Move your dinghy from the ramp or lawn area and store near your boat or off-site;
- Remove your horses from the upper wharf; and
- Retrieve your bridle from the lower wharf or shed area (if one of those that the mooring crew had to take off the moorings).
Mike Stanley & Mike Laaper, Rear Commodores
Work Party for Douglas Harbour
Saturday, October 22, 9:00 a.m.
All available are asked to attend a Work Party at Douglas Harbour at the above time. George Bailey will arrive with his backhoe at 9:30 a.m.
Work to be done:
1. Cover windows in building with plywood panels (bring cordless drills with bits & step ladders).
2. Mow lawn.
3. Dismantle and move waste pump out facility & fence (some large adjustable wrenches)
4. Winterize plumbing in washrooms and at wharf (plumbing antifreeze, compressor)
5. Disconnect and remove floating docks (pliers, a dinghy with motor).
6. Clean up debris around property (rakes)
7. Check docks for damage and needed repairs.
8. Winterize last three FYC moorings (rope, weights, dinghy, GPS).
9. Store mooring balls, pennants, race markers.
10. Move firewood to higher ground (wheel barrow, or half ton).
If all goes well, we should be finished before noon.
FYC Rear Commodore for Douglas Harbour
Please join us for a potluck supper after the Sunset Race, this Saturday, September 24th at 5pm in Douglas harbor. We will have the BBQ out for those that would like to cook something.
Skippers meeting at noon
Race starts at 1:00
We need another night of splicing the sunlight disappears early these days.
For those interested in how to splice and how the yacht club makes moorings.
You are welcome to attend our Splicing night
at the Fredericton Yacht Club’s Fredericton yard
at 6:00 pm for a night of splicing.
Date: Sept 12, 2016
Time: 6 pm (You can always join us late)
Location: FYC’s Fredericton yard at the Gazebo