FYC DOUGLAS HARBOUR FACILITY
Work Party, 9 a.m. Saturday June 6
George Bailey will arrive with his tractor at 9 a.m. to launch our floating docks and move heavy equipment and scrape the parking lot gravel as required.
Planned tasks for the work party include:
- Install floating docks
- Repairs to dock decking (2” X 6” X 8 ft)
- Remove window covers
- Get domestic water running and toilets and showers operational
- Mow grass (push mower already on site)
- Rake and clean up any debris from spring flood waters
- Trim bushes along entrance roadway
- Install waste pump out facility if water levels permit.
- Install new signs and fee collection boxes (if available).
- Initial search for, retrieval, and rigging of FYC guest moorings
Tools required include portable drills and screw bits, a few shovels and garden rakes, chain saw, clipping shears, two dinghies with outboards, grapple hook with tackle, hammers, skill saw, and crow bar.
A lunch for the hard working crew will be provided. If you plan on attending, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so lunch numbers can be estimated.
Rear Commodore, Douglas Harbour