Work Party for Douglas Harbour
Saturday, October 17, 8:45 a.m.
All available are asked to attend a Work Party at Douglas Harbour at the above time. George Bailey will arrive with his backhoe at 9 a.m.
Work to be done:
- Cover windows in building with plywood panels (bring cordless drills with bits & step ladders).
- Dismantle and move waste pump out facility (some large adjustable wrenches)
- Winterize plumbing in washrooms and at wharf (plumbing antifreeze, compressor)
- Disconnect and remove floating docks (pliers, a dinghy with motor).
- Clean up debris from recent flood (rakes)
- Check docks for damage and needed repairs.
- Winterize moorings (rope, weights, dinghy, GPS).
- Store mooring balls, pennants, race markers.
- Move firewood to higher ground (wheel barrow, or half ton).
If all goes well, we should be finished before noon.
FYC Rear Commodore for Douglas Harbour