The Fredericton Yacht Club is small, friendly club that services the boaters of Fredericton and the surrounding area. We support our membership and our guests with facilities in Fredericton and Douglas Harbour. We are a social, member operated, club that is perfect for new or experienced boaters.
We service cruisers, racers and day sailors with sailboats and power boat
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,
I hope this message finds you, your families and friends well in these uncertain times. We are in uncharted waters during the current Covid-19 viral pandemic.
As of today’s date, there is no foreseeable end in sight so we must follow current regulations in force as stipulated by the NB Emergency Measures Act as amended April 2nd, 2020. An emergency board meeting was held tonight via video conference. We discussed access to both Fredericton Yacht Club Fredericton and Douglas Harbour sites. Taking into consideration current laws and public health recommendations, the board voted and agreed on the following actions to be put into place immediately:
1. Both Fredericton and Douglas Harbour locations will be closed to the public until further notice. The building in Douglas Harbour will remain locked to everyone including members. The gates will remain closed and locked to the public at the Fredericton site on Lincoln Road. Signage will be posted at both locations.
2. The port-a potty will not be placed at the Fredericton site at this time. This will be reassessed next month.
3. FYC Members are permitted, if required, to check on their vessels and perform necessary repairs but must comply with social distancing of two meters and not gather socially for any reason. Tools, ladders, etc. should not be shared to avoid spread of the virus and cross contamination.
4. The gazebo will remain winterized/closed until further notice to discourage socialization and gatherings.
5. Hand washing / sanitation will take place upon entering and leaving the boatyard. Please bring hand sanitizer with you.
6. Sleeping overnight onboard your vessels is not permitted until further notice.
I personally discourage any member from going to the boatyard if it can at all be avoided. Please follow our rules to help stop the spread of the virus 🦠 so we might have a sailing season this year.
The board will virtually meet again in one month to discuss these matters further and to determine if we will be able to install docks and go ahead with the spring launch. We will keep you posted. If you have any concerns or questions, do not hesitate to contact myself or any of the board members.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation,
Si vous avez besoin d`explications ou de clarifications en français n`hésitez pas de communiquer avec Antoinette. 455-6004 ou par courriel email@example.com
Annual General Meeting
To All Fredericton Yacht Club Members,
The Annual General Meeting of the Fredericton Yacht Club will be held ( to be determined)
FYC Members – Mooring Drop Update:
Invoices were mailed to members for 2019 Membership Dues and where applicable boat storage fees. Please note payment in full is due on or before October 1, 2019.
A reminder to lift group members, as per the Club’s Yard Rules membership dues and storage fees must be paid and proof of insurance shown to your Lift Captain prior to the lift.
Thank you for your consideration.
Antoinette Demers Publicity officer ,
2018 Race schedule FYC Race Schedule For 2018 (May 2, 2018)
Here is the Local Wind Prediction:
The Fredericton Yacht Club